Wednesday 1 August 2012

Once Upon A Sketch August Challenge

Back again with this months awesome challenge at Once Upon A Sketch. Over 100 entries again last month! How awesome is that! And with prizes for all of the top 5 featured layouts as well as a great challenge..how can you resist? So this month is all about seasons.

Ideas for journalling: current season in your part of the world, favourite season, seasonal traditions on your part of the word, a childhood memory, a summer romance, what summer/autumn/winter/spring brings for you, baby it's cold outside, summer loving, spring is in the air, autumn breeze, summer holidays, seasonal changes, etc etc. Anything goes .. 

I have chosen to scrap Winter. I wouldn't say it is my favorite season but it is what I am used to. Tasmania feels like winter for at least 8 months out of every year. So I have never been able to really climatize to warmer weather ( except europe, love it!). Here it is a dry 'will burn my lily white behind in an instant' kind of heat, which means lots of sleepless nights, burning feet and just generally feeling sticky and bothered!

So here is my layout created using 7 Dots Studio Dreamer & Wonderland collections, two of my all time favorite ranges ever!



I have some hidden journalling on the tag behind my photo which just reads..."Coat, Boots, Brisk Walk...Yep It's Winter!"

And here is the sketch...



Hope you pop on over and check out all the amazing DT examples and even better if decide to join in with us!! Have a great week girls xox

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as ever....love the tones - they do look wintery!!!! Great boots, too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Winter ! Love your page, love the grunge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! Love your style and as always your distressing and inking techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat design and great b & w photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this.. last month of winter up here.. looking forward to some warmer mornings soon, but the days have been wonderful I must admit!! Love this layout.. this is your style.. and it is amazing and really creative.. love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking layout, Georgia!!! Fab photo too! I love how you have made the photo kind of blend into the background... this is really brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgia you have blown me away again with your creations. This is so so fabulous. I just love that photo of you and your choice of colour (or lack of) and embellishments is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love this! That pic is just perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! this is one helluva brilliant page Georgia!! it really is amazing! love the colours and your creativity, an absolute winner for sure! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. THank you thank you!! for stopping by my layout, I love your blog.. and see you do outstanding male layouts I need held with male work.. I have found a few DT's at BITW have outstanding male layouts.. as yours are too!!! I hope to find a comfort zone and getting inspiration from work like yours is going to help... I think lol I could be brain dead on male layouts... LOL!!! Thanks for your positive comment MUCH appreciated!!!!

    This layout is totally gorgeous love all the different mediums you use... Thanks for stopping over.. I am following you to be inspired! Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl! You amaze me every, single, time! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! MY! GOODNESS Miss G... This is like OUT of this WORLD AMAZING Girl....
    NOW! you know I LOVE all that you creations... BUT! This layout is Soooooooo AMAZING!!!
    It just this layout REALLY STANDS out for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORE your Winter LO Georgia.. love the grungy feel and your choice of colours.. gorgeous work!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. your winter is surely cold but no ways it is boring, Georgia! your LO is so edgy and stylish. and I love your look - very much my style too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous. Just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful!!! Such a cool photo and your take on it is simply outstanding. Hard to take an eye of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your layout is just amazing!!! I love each detail! Thank you for playing with us on 7 Dots Studio :)

    ReplyDelete